oggPRO - Ogg/Vorbis streaming for Max/MSP
The oggPRO package contains the PRO versions of the oggcast~ and oggamp~ Ogg/Vorbis streaming externals for Max/MSP.
- stream Ogg/Vorbis encoded audio in mono, stereo or with up to 250 channels
- connects as a source client to Icecast2 or JRoar server or to the PeerCast peer-to-peer client
- variable bitrate encoding (VBR) based on quality or bitrate settings
- absolute bitrate encoding (ABR)
- constant bitrate encoding (CBR)
- resampling - stream at any desired sample rate, regardless what sample rate Max/MSP is running at
- see a screenshot to get an impression how oggcast~ looks like
- play Ogg/Vorbis encoded audio streams in mono, stereo or with up to 250 channels
- connects as a client to Icecast2 or JRoar server or to the PeerCast peer-to-peer client
- resampling - play streams encoded at any sample rate, regardless what sample rate Max/MSP is running at
- direct access to stream information within Max
- see a screenshot to get an impression how oggamp~ looks like
To try things out, FREE versions of oggcast~ and oggamp~ can be downloaded for free! These version have some limitations like missing resampling and are limited to a maximum of 2 channels. oggamp~ will limit the playback time by kicking the stream when more than 2MBit of data have been received.
Download the FREE package here:
Still not shure what oggcast~ and oggamp~ can do? Have a look at the FAQs to find out.
To run the Max/MSP oggPRO objects Max/MSP 4.3 or later on Windows or 4.5 or later on Mac OS X is needed. For Mac OS X there also exists an older version that works with Max/MSP 4.3.
Mac OS 9 and versions of Max/MSP prior to 4.3 are not supported.
At least a G3 Mac with 500MHz or a Pentium III with 500 MHz (or equivalent) is required. Slower machines might work if running Max/MSP at sample rates below 44.1kHz.
oggPRO is currently not available for online purchase. If you think you'd like to purchase it, drop me a line (stating the Max version and the operating system you are using) and I'm sure we can work something out.
If you are an existing customer, you can still access the download area using the login you received after your purchase.